Clarity 2012 Conference: May 21 – 23
Co-hosted by Clarity with the Center for Plain Language and Scribes — The American Society of Legal Writers
National Press Club in Washington DC
As a champion of plain language, here’s why you should attend Clarity 2012:
- The Speakers: A packed agenda of world-wide experts, including Congressman Bruce Braley, the Honorable Lee Rosenthal, Eamonn Moran (Hong Kong), Dr. Neil James (Australia), Susan Kleimann, Prof. Joe Kimble, Bryan Garner, Amy Friend, Dr. Annetta Cheek, Candice Burt (South Africa) and Christopher Balmford (Australia).
- The Program: Sessions include exciting master classes on language and structure, insights into new research, and best practices for juries, ballots, criminal law, mobile sites and more.
- The ClearMark Awards Banquet: The Center for Plain Language presents our annual ClearMark awards on May 22, celebrating some of the best documents in the U.S., and poking gentle fun at some of the worst.
- The Clarity Band: The Clarity Band will perform after the dinner. If the dancing at the Clarity conference in Lisbon, Portugal is anything to go by, then the Clarity Band alone is reason enough to attend the conference.
- Early bird discount — conference fee
The conference fees (in US$) are:
$450 for government employees and members of Clarity, the Center, or Scribes ($400 if you book before March 1)
$500 for general public ($450 if you book before March 1)