October 13 is Plain Language Day — the 6th anniversary of the Plain Writing Act’s signing. (October is Health Literacy Month, too.)
To celebrate, we’re aiming to add 50 new members to the Center for Plain Language this month.
Join the Center in October, and we’ll give you a chance to win a great prize! Just submit your most creative one-sentence answer to this question when you join: “What is the main obstacle to achieving clarity in government or business writing?” We’ll choose the best response, and that winner will choose from one of these three prizes:
– Free 2017 ClearMark nomination (value $85 to $135)
– Ticket to the ClearMark Awards’ dinner (value $110 to $200)
– 1 year on the Center’s online consultants’ list (value $100)
13 Reasons to Join the Center for Plain language
- Find leadership opportunities, grow your knowledge, and share your skills.
- Highlight your credentials by promoting your affiliation with the Center.
- Network with other clear communication members.
- Join our consultant list to connect with people who need your expertise.
- Improve your plain language skills: writing, editing, and beyond.
- Discover events, resources, tips, tools, and before & after examples in our newsletter.
- Support clear communication and promote its value.
- Advocate for plain language legislation and policy that benefits all citizens.
- Stay informed about the status of plain language policy and practice.
- Learn more about the value of plain language from colleagues, leaders, and legislators.
- Save money on workshops and programs, like the annual ClearMark Awards ceremony.
- Enjoy discounts for other organizations’ plain language conferences and memberships.
- The Center is bursting with entertaining people! Have fun doing great work.
Regular membership: $50
Students and seniors: $35
The plain language movement needs your support! With your membership, we can advocate, reward, and educate — and help bring clarity to all.