Deputy Executive Director, Center for Plain Language
The Deputy Executive Director supports the Executive Director of the Center for Plain Language. The Deputy Executive Director assists in overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Executive Director and the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of the Center’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Center can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Center’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
3) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of the Center’s operations, particularly the ClearMark Awards and the Federal Report Card.
- Support the Treasurer and Board members in the management of budget and financial planning.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Willingness to gain experience.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the Center’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Familiarity with fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Center’s mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Center.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization board members and volunteers.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position that requires approximately 10 hours per month. If you’re interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.