The ClearMark Awards, sponsored by the Center for Plain Language, recognize the plain language communications created by North American organizations.
We’ve held the ClearMark Awards each year since 2010. Previous winners include the American Bar Association, Aetna, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Submit to the ClearMarks
In 2019, we’ll accept your submissions from Jan. 2 to Feb. 1, 2019.
- You can sign up for our webinar for help with the submission process.
- Or, check out our submissions page. It has all the information you’ll need to prepare your entry.
We give English and Spanish awards in twelve categories:
- Digital – Websites
- Digital – Apps and Microsites
- Digital – Emails and Newsletters
- Letters and Correspondence
- Posters, Charts and Fliers
- Brochures – Up to 10 pages
- Brochures – More than 10 pages
- Legal Documents
- Forms, Applications, and Statements
- Before and After – Digital
- Before and After – Print
We also award the Grand ClearMark Award to the best overall entry in English and Spanish.
Along with recognizing the best entries, we provide useful feedback to all submitters. This feedback helps them rework and improve their content.
- Review our judging criteria for more information about how we review and rate each submission.
- View our talented 2018 ClearMark Judges.