Join us on May 8, 2018 for the ninth annual ClearMark Awards at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. Be part of this memorable and celebratory night as we recognize the best plain language throughout North America.
Along with rewarding the best entries, we provide useful feedback to all submitters that helps them rework and improve their content. And to celebrate the Award winners, we host a big party every May that brings together some of North America’s greatest plain-language champions.
The Center has held the ClearMark Awards since 2010. Previous winners include:
- American Bar Association
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Submit to the ClearMarks
Submissions for the ClearMarks are currently closed. Our 2019 Awards will open for submissions on Jan. 1, 2019. In the meantime, check out our submissions page. It has all the information you’ll need to help you prepare.
We give English and Spanish awards in twelve categories:
- Digital – Websites
- Digital – Apps and Microsites
- Digital – Emails and Newsletters
- Letters and Correspondence
- Posters, Charts and Fliers
- Brochures – Up to 10 pages
- Brochures – More than 10 pages
- Legal Documents
- Forms, Applications and Statements
- Before and After – Digital
- Before and After – Print
Please review our judging criteria for more information about how we review and rate each submission.
View our 2017 ClearMark Judges.