The Center for Plain Language is seeking a volunteer treasurer. The treasurer is an appointed, voting board member who serves at the pleasure of the Chair and the board. The person selected will work with the Center’s current treasurer for 6–12 months to ensure a smooth transition. Commitment: 15 hours per month including committee work, board meetings and executives meetings.
- Oversee accounting, financial management, cash flow, and financial forecasting
- Carry out basic bookkeeping tasks, process and pay invoices, and work with the executive director to ensure financial- and membership-management applications work in sync
- Attend monthly board meetings and executive-board meetings
- Contribute to strategic discussions from a financial perspective
- Review and report to the board regularly on the Center’s financial progress and stability to ensure its overall financial health
- Update the board on significant financial developments, issues, and trends.
- Remain knowledgeable about who has access to the organization’s funds, and any outstanding bills or debts owed
- Work with the Center’s accountant to ensure tax and other reporting requirements are met
- Serve on at least one working committee
- Serve as an ambassador of the Center’s public brand when networking
- 3–5 years of work experience and a proven track record of success in a professional environment
- Experience in financial planning, budgeting, and analysis
- Experience in accounting and finance preferred but will train the right person
- Experience in QuickBooks bookkeeping preferred but will train the right person
Helping the organization grow responsibly, being the financial heartbeat of the Center, and serving in an essential role within the organization.
If you’re interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.